Why send your UTI ashore, when you can service it yourself?
The Bruusgaard UTI solution is based on the SHT 2002. It is designed to measure ullage, air/oil/water interface levels, and their respective temperatures – in one single operation.
What really separates this UTI solution from the rest, is its onboard calibration capability. There’s no need to send your equipment ashore for servicing. We’ve included everything you need to operate, service and calibrate your SHT2002 in the service kit.
We’ll now explain how. Watch the video or follow the steps in the written guide.
Preparing the UTI
Preparing the SHT UTI 2002 is straightforward, but nevertheless important.
- Perform a visual inspection of the unit. Is it correctly assembled, clean and in a good condition?
- Initiate the self-test by pressing the start button. Make sure that the R power (the battery) is above 10 %. If not, replace the battery.
The unit is ready for use when it displays the temperature.
Operating the UTI
The SHT2002 is now ready for use.
- Connect the earth cable to the deck.
- Connect the UTI barrel to the deck valve and ensure a tight connection.
- Turn on the device.
- Press and turn the knob clockwise to lower the sensor.
- Wait for the buzzer to sound. Three different beep patterns will determine the interface (air, oil or water).
- Read the ullage at the reading panel.
Everything You Need Is in the Service Kit
The UTI maintenance and service kit contains everything you need to perform service on board:
- A thermometer
- A beaker
- An additional sensor
- Additional measuring tape
In the section, you’ll find a step by step guide on how to service and calibrate the unit.
Maintaining and Servicing the UTI
Periodic maintenance and service is necessary for delicate equipment such as the SHT2002. This is how you perform the basic overhaul.
Replacing the tape
- Remove the 4 screws securing the control panel
- Remove the control panel
- Disconnect the cable
- Turn to the rear of the device and remove the rear plate (not shown)
- Remove the 3 screws securing the round plate
- Remove existing tape and replace it with a new tape
- Reverse the steps above to secure the new tape
Replacing the sensor
- Unscrew the sensor using an Allen Key
- Disconnect the sensor tube to separate it from the tape
- Disconnect the cable plug
- Replace with a new sensor, and re-connect it to the cable plug
- Connect the sensor to the tape
- Tighten the screw
Calibrating the UTI
When you have replaced the parts, one final task remains. The SHT2002 requires an annual calibration to ensure that the device functions properly.
The first thing you check is the temperature.
- Fill the beaker with water
- Place both the thermometer and the UTI sensor in the water
- Read both displays.
If the temperature readings deviate more than 0.2 degree Celsius, replace the sensor.
You then proceed to check that the sensor responds to interface changes.
- Turn on the instrument and check that the beeping pattern is correct in
If the beeping pattern does not reflect the interface, replace the sensor.
Having completed the calibration, the SHT2002 is all set. Good luck!